The Conference Scientific Committee of the EMDR invites you and your colleagues to present your work in research and teaching during the EMDR Europe Research & Practice Conference 2020.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 31st JANUARY 2020
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
Presenting author’s contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
Author and co-authors’ details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- Background and aims
- Abstract topic
- Learning objectives at the end of the abstract
Abstracts will be reviewed and authors will be informed of acceptance or rejection of the contribution by 28th February 2020. Final acceptance is conditional upon registration and payment of presenters.
Some basic rules regarding your Presentation
- All materials you wish to display should be related to your presentation and the materials described in the abstract you submitted to the EMDR Europe Conference Scientific Committee.
- Many presenters may wish to provide handouts about their project. These may include an abstract of the paper or perhaps a copy of the complete paper itself. Other authors prefer to send reprints of their paper by email after the conference is over and provide “reprint-request” sheets.
For Poster Presentation
- The basic rule is to provide a short, clear, non-technical description of what you did, why you did it, and what you found. Generally, you should not go into detail regarding subjects, apparatus, or details of procedure. Thus, a poster is not just a regular paper in large type stuck on a board. It is a discussion-oriented format. The poster should communicate the issue and conclusion. The discussion in person with conference delegates should fill in the details.
- As a general rule, it is recommended that the title be in 3 cm print or larger. The authors and the affiliations can be done in 1.5 cm print. It is not a good idea to include any display materials done in regular size type e.g. 12 point. Instead, you may wish to include an abstract typed in a large, clear type and several large, clearly labeled graphs and other visual aids.
- Figures that take up a regular page are probably adequately large, but even larger materials would be desirable. If tables are included, they should probably be larger than a standard sheet of paper. Pictures, diagrams, and other materials of adequate size are often helpful. A useful rule here is that your material should be easily read from a distance of 1 to 2 meters.
- The poster should be as neat and visually pleasing as possible. Hand lettering of materials is generally not satisfactory. The creative use of colors in lettering background and figures can add considerably to poster appeal.